SPORE doesn't work properly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by afaure, May 3, 2012.

1. afaure macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, i'm afaure and i'm new in this forum, so i would like you to know that i posted this here cause i thought it was the right place, but if not please don't delete my post, i will change it to the right section.

Secondly: i'm from argentina, so i'm sorry if i do any spelling or gramatic mistakes while writing, i hope i don't, but just in case, you were warned :p

so i would like to tell you that i'm a new owner of a iMac 21.5 inch 2.5Ghz i5, with 4gb ram and a ati reason 6750HD 512 mb. And really like it, but before having this computer i had a windows, which i made like 3 or 4 years ago, which wasn't even the half of good as this. And one of my favorites games i always played was spore. But when i installed the game here and finally got to know where were all the saved files so as to transfer my game to the mac i started playing to discover, that the game doesn't work properly. what do i mean with properly, well actually before installing it i saw a video in youtube, which showed a macbook pro with dual core, running spore with full graphics without any single problem. And i'm running it with mid graphs but i'm having a lot of problems, it takes almost years to get a thing done, i have to wait for 5 minutes to the game to start and i can't do a single thing, cause it will take a lot of time to do it, and if not, it'll crash in the middle. for example: i'm going with my spaceship from one star to another and the image would freeze and i have 3 options, 1. wait a long while and maybe it will continue everything as normally; 2. it could also crash there and i lose everything i've done; 3. it just stays so, and i'll have to shut down the game.

Seriously guys, i have no idea why this is happening. i mean, i do have other games in my mac such as Blood and Glory, Uberstrike, Minecraft, WoW... and nothing of this happens.. i have really no idea what to do, and it feels also horrible to see that a macbook pro with less power than mine computer runs it full without any problem... if any one has any idea of what can i do, i will be really grateful.

THANKS A LOT FOR READING :D

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Contact developer (EA) for support.