Spore Lite

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by spyker3292, Oct 19, 2008.

1. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

If you're in America.

Apparently we don't deserve a free trial here in Europe :rolleyes:

2. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

That's why I made an american account. :D

3. firteen888 macrumors regular

Downloaded the lite version. Glad I didn't waste money on this one, it could be the most boring game I've ever played.

4. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

How do you do that without a credit card?

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

VISA gift card or itunes gift card

6. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

How many levels does this lite version have? To be fair, the game doesn't get that interesting until a few levels in, and gets more fun the more you play it. This might be one of those instances where offering a "lite" version might actually backfire, and where people might not want to pay for the full version if they think the rest of the game is ONLY like the lite version.

7. kyto macrumors member

The light version is one level and very short. I was disapointed at the length but amazed by the gameplay. I'm sure it gets better.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Not sure if that is the case. I've played many many levels of full game and it's still boring.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Opinions vary... I bought the full game, and I played it all the way through to the end once. I'd consider playing it again later, although I don't think it has terrific replay value. I do still consider it as having been worth the $10.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

How did you get past level 29 where you have to steal the egg of the giant. Can't seem to figure it out.

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wait, erm, are you talking about the level with the giant squid or the level with the big fish that you're supposed to get the little fish to attack?

For the big fish / little fish one (29) I actually cheated... :eek:

See this:

http://modmyi.com/forums/apple-apps...91-spore-gaming-level-29-ftl.html#post2151201

For the squid one, I did it the "proper" way... (whitetext below)

Basically, you just have to find a shield pill (purple, IIRC), swim up behind the squid, and let it snare you with a tentacle. Then swim away, and you'll pull the tentacle away with you. If you repeat the process, you can take away all its tentacles....

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Hey thanks, I was talking about the squid level. I think I was starting to get it finally, but I could only snare one tentacle. Thanks for the help.

13. p3ernie macrumors newbie

Can you save the Spores Creature for lite version?

Is it possible to save the creature you make for the Lite version??? Plz HELP