Spore's creatue editor is having problems :: Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by The iKid, Sep 24, 2008.

1. The iKid macrumors member

So I got the game today and it's great. The graphics are fine in every aspect except when I try to edit my creature. It shows the parts and lets me drag them on but the part where the creature should be is all black. It's really frustrating because I spent fifty dollars for a game and I just want to be able to fully use it considering this is a big part of the game. Please help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Michael

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Are you playing it on the MacBook in OS X or Windows? Virtualized or Boot Camp? Which GPU do you have? More detail, please.

Just so you know, Spore will run, but not properly on a MacBook with a GMA 950 GPU Under OS X, only Windows under Boot Camp.

3. The iKid thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately I do have the GMA 950 in my Macbook running leopard. It's strange though because the creature editor free trial ran fine in mac os x. Do I need to buy a version of windows to run it through boot camp?

4. Ronz0 macrumors newbie

RE: Same Problem

I am also having the same problem. I bought it for my girlfriend and I's anniversary (2 years...*dances*) but I am also having trouble installing it on her mini. I tried the normal install, then I tried a modified install. I used the site http://www.tuaw.com/2008/06/17/run-spore-creature-creator-on-unsupported-gma-950-macs/ to modify the tginstall.plist to try to get it to render in OpenGL, but wasn't able to. Is there a way to run it from terminal with an opengl flag? Whenever I run games on my Linux box, this is what I have to do. It is an intel dual core, gig of ram, with the 950 driver. Thanks in advanced!

5. Ronz0 macrumors newbie

6. Synthabusion macrumors newbie

It does help to read the minimum system requirements before you buy a game....