Sport Band Colour Question!!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Dino F, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Ok, so I don't have an Apple Watch yet (gonna get on before Christmas at some point!) but have a question about the Sport band colours.

I'm looking at buying the Apple Watch Sport in Space Grey (42mm) and noticed that this only comes with a black sport band. That isn't a great issue as I also want to buy the midnight blue sport band, however, I notice that the pin on the midnight blue band is stainless steel and not space grey? Obviously, this isn't gonna match with the space grey body of the Apple Watch.

Does the midnight blue sport band only come with a stainless steel pin?

2. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Yes.

3. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

...that was a short and sweet answer!

4. ougum macrumors regular

5. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

...I think it comes with a gold pin when you order it with the gold Apple Watch.

Hmm, not much point ordering the midnight blue band now if its not gonna match the Space Grey Apple watch. :(

Perhaps I should just go for the blue leather loop instead - anyone have any experiences with this?!

6. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

It's a tiny little pin on the back. Completely not noticeable.

7. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

you won't even notice it.... I'm anal and refuse to order any of the bands that have black or silver connectors.... but as far as the sport bands... I gave in and I don't even notice it anymore... you only see a little tiny silver dot

AND, if you won't buy sport bands with anything other than space gray... then you are SOL cuz the ONLY one they make gray is the black one that come with the watch!

I have red, midnight blue, NOTpink, vintage pink, white and light gray (forget it's real name?) and I wear them all the time and don't notice or mind the teeny, tiny, silver dot at all!

8. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

Agree you won't notice the pin. That said, this is one reason I wanted the SS Apple Watch. Most of the bands have SS hardware. The Leather Loop has a much bigger SS part on the buckle than that little pin, so if the sport bothered you the LL will more so.

9. deany, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015

deany macrumors 68020

deany

Hi Dino,

I can gaurantee the 'pin' being in SS won't bother you in the slightest.

There are plenty of 'knock off' band threads.

I have just received the Midnight Blue in 42mm from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/231712128318

and its great.!

Do you like the Milanese Loop for say a special occasion? if so and want black then:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321846577694

is also a strap I have and like very much, as I say its their black version (apple don't offer this choice).

Both above ship from Manchester UK, so no waiting 30 days for delivery from China.

I do hope you enjoy the apple watch as much as I do.

hope this helps.

PS If I had my time again I would invest in apple care+ for £49.00 purely for the accidental damage cover and second year gaurantee. This is best bought at the same time as apple watch.

Attached Files:

10. Dino F, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015

Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

....wow - cheers for posting them links - them straps look just like the real mcoys from Apple!!!

Might just have to get one from eBay now instead!

Wonder if I can get the midnight blue Leather Loop on eBay as well?!

EDIT :Actually, yes!!! The same seller has some here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331607558649?var=540757305327&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true

;)

11. deany macrumors 68020

deany

Hi Dino,

If you are an amazon prime member then:

Genuine Leather Band for Apple Watch iwatch, Replacement Leather ... http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013JDGKTO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_udp_awd_dRcvwb105HJ81

Next day delivery.

I cant recommend this stap as I dont have it (it certainly looks good), but amazon are so good with returns then it may be worth seeing if you like it.

Cheers

ps
    one review does question if its leather, you could ask the seller to confirm it is, perhaps.

12. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

.....thats awesome - cheers for that, will take a look.

Thanks.

;)

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm dubious as to whether those are genuine leather or not. Seems too good to be true for the price.

14. deany macrumors 68020

deany

I know what you mean. Almost if its too good to be true and all that. Also I think this faux leather is very hard to distinguish.
    However I have two leather apple non OEM straps for under £15.00 - chinese knock offs. I would put money on it they _are_ leather.
    As I said to Dino send a message to the seller, ask the question.
    But then how do you prove that it is leather? do you need an independent expert!

15. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Well, Genuine Leather is the worst type of quality in regards to leather.

I guess Bonded Leather might be the worst, but Genuine sounds misleading.

16. ihonda macrumors 68000

i have the SBSS and all of my sport bands except the black have SS pins.. you dont even notice it.