Sport band feels loose

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gcooldude86, May 13, 2015.

1. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

I noticed where my sport band clicks in to the watch is a bit loose compared to the link band feels like it's more solid in there, no movement. Is that normal for the sport band to be a bit loose where it connects to the watch?

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

No it's not normal. Why do you think it would be?

3. cowfish macrumors member

Yes, it's normal to have a slight amount of play with the sport band.

4. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Not normal. Check both of the bands. One of them should fit. It's perfect when you just can put your pinky finger beneath the band/watch.

5. BrandonRose macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. The other day, the bottom sport band just slid right out of the watch, I had been wearing it for almost 10 hours. I have a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow. I will definitely update when I find out more info.

6. gcooldude86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine hasn't slid right out but just feels a bit loose. Just was curious if it was normal, seems like it is.

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

When holding the watch by both its bands and pushing and pulling lightly, yes there is a bit of movement. It's nothing major though and I don't think it's anything to worry about - they're certainly not going to fall out.

8. Ceribis macrumors newbie

This came up on twitter for me last week. Someone got a new sport band and the middle nub on the locking mechanism wasn't set properly (it was tilted to one side). This meant that band locked in from one direction but easily slid out the other.

If this is your problem and I'm understanding what your saying correctly, Apple should replace it since it's defective. Hopefully.

9. cowfish macrumors member

Sport band feels loose

I've checked mine for the defect in the locking mechanism. Mine is not tilted.

The band still has slight play in the watch, though. This is normal. The rubber bands can't be manufactured to the tolerances of the metal versions. They're close, but will never be as close as a machined part.

10. BrandonRose macrumors newbie

Went to Genius Bar appointment today. They said mine has too much play. They ordered me replacement bands, to see if it's the band or watch. The genius had the same model as me, he checked his and didn't have the same issue. They said if the New bands don't work, it'll have the be my watch to go in for repair.