Sport band problems

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by ButterflyBella, Oct 21, 2016.

1. ButterflyBella macrumors member

ButterflyBella

Has anyone ever had the pin fall out on their sport band?? Loose pin?? Pictures?? Thanks.

2. Macaddict16 macrumors 6502

I have not had any issues with any of my sport bands. Seems like you may have a defect. If it is under warranty, Apple should replace it no problem.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

I have owned three different sport bands of which I now have two as I sold the original along with the first generation watch however I've not had any issues with any of them.

4. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I have maybe 7 Apple sport bands and no problems. Wear the Sport probably the most of the all the different versions of bands I have. Is this an Apple sport band or a 3rd party? I think I recall a person with a 3rd party one have a problem with theirs but the post was some time ago.

5. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

No not had that problem before so I would take it back to Apple if I were you

6. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Nope.

OP, did yours fall out? Or are you asking for stories?

7. ButterflyBella thread starter macrumors member

ButterflyBella

A friend of mine bought the edition after she saw mine.... and she was gently wiping sweat off of the pin and the pin appeared to separate from the band. Also the pin appears unlevel now as well; no longer sitting flush against the band! Before she goes into apple she asked me to see if anyone has ever had this issue. She's only had the Watch since Monday.

8. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

Been wearing my nylon band - threw the sport band on today and noticed the lugs are a bit loose and shift around where it connects to the watch - anyone else?

9. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

The logs were loose on my first Ceramic and so I took it back. Tight as a drum on my replacement

10. Macaddict16 macrumors 6502

My original S0 SS Black Sport band is loose on my new S2 Aluminum. All of my other sport bands, including knockoffs, work perfect though.

11. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

Was the band or the watch the problem?

This is the sports band that came with my Space Gray Series 2. Odd

12. Macaddict16 macrumors 6502

I agree. Should be able to be replaced since it is so new though. Apple might even be able to swap it out on the spot for you.

13. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

It was the watch as all my bands were loose. I sent a video to the Apple engineers and they agreed that it was substandard.

14. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

Really weird thing is that my nylon is super tight (like unreasonable tight where I can barely get it in or out without mangling it) but the sport is loose. Don't know if this is typical of both band styles or abnormal - definitely not what I'd want in the watch, though haha

15. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

The pin probably wasn't securely assembled. That's my guess, anyway. I haven't seen anybody take their pin apart without destroying the band, either.

Apple should replace it. Since it's the ceramic one, it might take some more time, or maybe they'll offer her a different strap. Let us know what Apple does.