Sport Band Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by BullittMustang, Jan 30, 2017.

1. BullittMustang, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017

BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

For those of you that have had the sport band for awhile, does the band tend to stretch out a little? It is too small for me on one setting, and a little too big on the next one. Hoping if I keep it on the tighter setting a few hours a day it will stretch a little. Thanks for any input.

2. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Mine hasn't but I have a setting that fits perfectly so no stretch and it's not too loose. I'd say, try to see if it'll stretch out.

I have read that sweat and water can cause it to stretch.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yes, over time, it will stretch out. I've had a few bands replaced over the last 1.5 years because of stretching. It will take longer than a few days, but it will eventually stretch.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Different views here. But mine has not. I own multiple sport bands, which are worn regularly, and they do not stretch by my standards, but are highly flexible.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Very interesting. I've had 2 black, 2 white, 1 blue and 1 red stretch out over the last 20 months. They stretched so much I had two move up two notches. I've had all 6 replaced. AC+ verified they stretched because they measured them down to the millimeter.

6. Relentless Power, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Obviously your mileage may vary. I own 15 Plus Apple OEM Sport bands. They haven't stretched on me in the slightest. However, I do regularly interchange them. So they may not have as much wear as someone who wears the same band on a regular basis.

7. Gav2k, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017

Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

My product red and white bands have stretched faster than my black band. All have had equal wear.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Ahh. That might be it. When I pick a band I wear it for a solid month.

9. BullittMustang thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies. I just can't seem to get comfortable with the sport band. It's either to lose or to tight and grippy on my skin. I ordered the Apple leather loop. I saw some good reviews about it.

10. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Use a small pin or knife and poke a hole in between the slots. Make it just big enough for the pin to go thru.

11. bluespark macrumors 65816

The leather loop is fantastic. Beautiful, comfortable, and as adjustable as needed. I hope Apple keeps this band around.

12. the future macrumors 65816

Or you could just try to use the other (third) part of the sport band, i.e. the shorter part when you've been using the longer one or vice versa. Because the holes on the different parts are actually slightly offset, probably for exactly this reason/issue.

13. BullittMustang thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I did try that first. No luck. I did wear it all day today on the tighter notch, seemed a little better. I'm hoping I like the leather loop.

14. Eddie3345 macrumors member

Eddie3345

mine have kind of stretched too. I wouldn't mind punching a hole on the Large bands seeing as how i only use the small band and would cut off the excess BUT i haven't found a hole puncher that is the right diameter. I don't want to use an exacto knife to ream a hole open.

15. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Even if you were to ruin the band, at least to be affordable enough where you can replace it easily.

16. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Mine seems to have shrunk.

I'm sure my weight gain has nothing to do with it.

:innocently whistling:

17. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

But seriously, though --

I suppose my wrist's ideal size is between two holes, too. So, I wear it on the looser hole most of the time -- it still doesn't randomly lock itself, so it's good enough. If I need to feel the haptic/taptic feedback more reliably, like when getting navigation directions, I'll move it to the next-tighter hole (which is pretty easy to do anyway). For workouts, I go one hole tighter than that to make sure the watch always stays in contact with my skin.

In a nutshell: If it doesn't lock itself at random times, it's snug enough; if your hand falls asleep, it's too tight.

18. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

After a couple of months ... nope. Stuck also between two different holes - and that changes even further when I work out. Swap off with my Fitbit ...

19. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

For those who are using the sport band and seem to be in-between the holes, try the other bottom band (S/m if using m/l) IIRC the holes are spaced in-between those of the sister band around the medium range - only tends to work if you are a 'medium' wrist person but the shorter or longer band might be the better fit.

20. Phish311 macrumors regular

The better fit for me is with the longer band, but once i tuck the excess into the band, the watch gets too tight. Has anyone tried cutting down the longer band, and if so, how did that work out?

21. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Yes, i have cut it with scissor. It does not look at good afterwards. :D

22. funnyboy88 macrumors regular

I had this problem, but I switched to the S/M band instead of the M/L band. On the S/M band, I found a perfect fit.

23. Bro KV macrumors newbie