Sport - Composite Back Scratches/Scuffs

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by skaro13, Jun 26, 2015.

1. skaro13 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, new member here...

I just noticed the composite back of my Sport Watch had small scratches in the center. Has anyone of you had the same kind of problem? It seems to be caused by the charger or maybe dust between the charger and the Watch when its on it.

Thanks for your feedback!

2. MaulRx Suspended

None yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Don't worry about it.

3. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

It's essentially plastic. It's going to scratch. Only solution is to step up to a stainless model, which has a zirconia back and sapphire lenses on the sensors.

I certainly can see why someone would buy the sport model, particularly if they aren't watch geeks in the first place. I bought the more expensive stainless model because stepping down to what is essentially a nice Casio type construction was a bridge too far for me after decades of high end Swiss watches. The steel watch is nicely made, for a relatively cheap watch.

4. Wackery macrumors 6502a

what bothers me is the skin that accumulates between the composite back and the alumnium case that is impossible to clean without pressing deeper into the crease

5. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I use the tiny brush that came with an electric razor. It's meant for cleaning the razor heads, but it works nicely for cleaning out that space.