Sport Earbuds Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iggy913, Nov 21, 2011.

1. iggy913 macrumors newbie

New member here, as I posted in my last thread I'm finally coming into the 21st century losing the "dumb" phone and picking up the Iphone 4S.

I'm going to be using the phone a fair amount for various exercise programs from running to Crossfit and am looking for some help on earbud choices. It's confusing thus far, I'll find one pair that gets stellar reviews one place and then gets hammered at another, I've yet to find one that's universally liked in the slightest bit by more than one "reviewer." I've looked over the massive review posted in the most recent "earbuds help" thread and while it is a great review it doesn't seem to concern itself at all for sporting uses.

What I'm looking for is an inner ear model that comes with the mic and controls for the Iphone, something that sounds good would be a great plus obviously, but most importantly stays in the ear while moving and sweating. I would like to stay under $100 as I don't really expect them to last more than a year or so and can't see paying more than that for an annual replacement type item.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

2. dthree36 macrumors regular

I have the yurbuds and they rock. The version I have are the inspire with the ironman logo on it. you can pick them up at BestBuy for Fry's for around 50 dollars. They also have some pro versions that have the mic and volume buttons for around $59. Water proof sweat resistant and they won't fall out of your ears. I used mine during a marathon and they are extremely comfortable.

3. alexmadison macrumors member

alexmadison

I switched to using wireless Bluetooth earbuds, because the wires to my earbuds were always getting caught on things. Sony makes an excellent pair with mic and volume control. It is easy to set up to your phone, even if your phone does not have bluetooth (use a adapter).

How to Make Wireless Earbuds

4. Paul Ephesian macrumors newbie

I'll second the Yurbuds, they're pretty awesome. I actually own them and some older Sennheiser PMX 680, but I'm liking the Yurbuds a bit more.

5. charks macrumors member

The fit for earbuds...especially those designed for exercise...is such a crap shoot. I've had great luck with the Phillips SHQ1000s...which just happen to make a perfect seal on my rather small ears. I've used them for several 10+ mile runs and they've stayed snug and the sweat has stayed out.

Not necessarily the best sounding by any stretch...but only $14 through Amazon.

6. NotZeroSix macrumors newbie

^^^^Agreed. They are the best ear buds I have ever bought. If you dont like the performance of the yurbud ear buds you can exchange the silicone pieces to your desired brand.

7. callum23 macrumors member

8. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

9. Jason Genesis macrumors newbie

Don't get these. I had these and the sound quality and fit is horrible for working out. I'm looking at the Bose IE2, but haven't gotten them yet.

10. CAltman4859 macrumors newbie

perfect for running

I would try a pair of hearbudz. Its only like 7 bucks and work with apple earbuds and other regular earbuds as well, save your money. These are safe for wearing in public plus have great sound, they are a clip that reposition your earbud to the outside of your ear, up and around so that they wont fall out, ive worn them sleeping, excersizing, etc and have never had a problem....and they make great gifts lol.

I have had them for like 7 months and they are awesome, very cheap so and worth it to me, very durable, wont hurt to try them out, and they have different colors too, I just bought some for stocking stuffers for my sisters :)