Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aces2412

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Near DC
I have been reading the reviews on the sport and some say it scratches to easy and they advise getting a screen protector. For the luck ones out there that have their sport please report any scratches and how they happened. Thanks!

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
I don't have a single scratch on mine and I haven't babied it. It's smacked against a couple things accidentally at work and I don't set it on anything special when I charge it. Others have had scratches appear by seemingly not touching it. YMMV

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I'm not sure what people are doing to scratch theirs but no problem here

abuskeletor

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2015
United States
I have been reading the reviews on the sport and some say it scratches to easy and they advise getting a screen protector. For the luck ones out there that have their sport please report any scratches and how they happened. Thanks!

Here's something I shared in another thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=21237049#post21237049

TL;DR: no scratches and not babying it.

roddenshaw

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
No scratches yet, but if you know that scratches will bug you throw a screen protector on; you'll kick yourself if you don't and subsequently scratch it.

Tehfez

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
I'm guessing there was a bad batch of glass. If people are experiencing both ends of the specrtrum, it only makes sense that some watches ended up with bad glass and others didn't. Especially with reports of abuse with no visible damage and reports of extreme care and scratches all over

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
It's the same screen as an iPhone 6, so take that as you will.

rosshm16

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
No scratches on my Sport's body or face since April 24. I've worn it all day every day, run outdoors with it most days.

hazeydavey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Babying the heck out of it. Tons of micro scratches up and down from daily use.

Called Apple, they acknowledged there is an issue without outright saying it's an issue. Said bring it Genius bar and they'll exchange.

Guessing some may have a 'soft' application of the anti-glare/smudge material.

It's definitely not in the glass, looks like in the top layer. So annoying, every person that 'wants to play with it' asks about the scratches....

OriginalClone

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
Got mine a few days ago. I've been super careful with it, but accidentally bumped my arm on a car window and the casing got a scratch.

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
I was very careful with mine for the first few days, ended up with a light but long scratch on the glass.

I was a little less careful and now I have a fairly deep scratch almost the length of the entire glass.

I'm far from abusing the thing, but it doesn't seem to be holding up well during normal everyday use for me.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Had mine for two weeks now and there's not a single scratch on the glass no matter what angle you look at it at, and there's no damage to the aluminum case either.

That being said, I'm very aware that this thing is on my wrist and I've subconsciously been babying it.

simonx314

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Got my Sport 4/24 and it still looks brand new. I've accidentally bumped my watch into walls, car doors and metal swing set chains.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.