Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
It seems my velcro for my apple sport loop is getting weak, i'm sure it is just dirty, is there any way to easily clean these to bring back the strength of the Velcro?

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Well I'm not sure if this brings back the strength of the hook & loop attachment, but cleaning could not be easier. Put it in a pocket or in a mesh laundry bag when you do your next load of laundry and then let it air dry.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Well I'm not sure if this brings back the strength of the hook & loop attachment, but cleaning could not be easier. Put it in a pocket or in a mesh laundry bag when you do your next load of laundry and then let it air dry.
I'm slothful so now I just throw my Sport Loop band in with the rest of the laundry. No bag, no looping onto anything--it's on its own.

Reactions: staggerlee41

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm slothful so now I just throw my Sport Loop band in with the rest of the laundry. No bag, no looping onto anything--it's on its own.

I mean if that works for you by all means go for it. I have an old school top loading washing machine and don't want to get it stuck under the agitator. I use a bag to keep my socks in because I hate having to fish them out individually so the strap just goes right in there.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I mean if that works for you by all means go for it. I have an old school top loading washing machine and don't want to get it stuck under the agitator. I use a bag to keep my socks in because I hate having to fish them out individually so the strap just goes right in there.

Thats a nice little "life hack" right there

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Thats a nice little "life hack" right there

I actually saw another member here mention a mesh laundry bag for washing their watch bands. After getting one, a single Apple Watch band looked lonely in there so I thought why not put socks in there also. As mentioned, I don't like having to pick them all out of the washer individually. Another side bonus is, my socks aren't appearing on the sides of laundry detergent as missing:) You know there was always that ONE sock that you can't seem to find. You know you washed it, know you put it in the dryer but where did it go?

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I actually saw another member here mention a mesh laundry bag for washing their watch bands. After getting one, a single Apple Watch band looked lonely in there so I thought why not put socks in there also. As mentioned, I don't like having to pick them all out of the washer individually. Another side bonus is, my socks aren't appearing on the sides of laundry detergent as missing:) You know there was always that ONE sock that you can't seem to find. You know you washed it, know you put it in the dryer but where did it go?

its behind the washer to never be seen again (until 20 years later when the washer dies and you replace it) :)

• Haha

PugMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2019
Nice idea, actually. My washer always eats ONE of my favorite socks. Or maybe the dogs do... but anyway, if you see me wearing 2 different socks, it's not because I'm quirky but because I have tons of single socks.... o_O

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.