Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I’m curios if the baseball playoff games are showing up for anyone using the feature on iOS 5. Cleveland Indians games have been showing up for me perfectly since I upgraded to 5, but for some reason today’s playoff game won’t display. Not sure if it’s something specific to my watch or a more general issue.

rgyiv

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2018
What's the feature/app you're referring to? I'm curious!!

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I’m curios if the baseball playoff games are showing up for anyone using the feature on iOS 5. Cleveland Indians games have been showing up for me perfectly since I upgraded to 5, but for some reason today’s playoff game won’t display. Not sure if it’s something specific to my watch or a more general issue.

Unfortunately, the Mets didn't make the postseason, so I have no way of knowing :)

What I noticed during the regular season was that games that weren't part of the regular schedule, like makeup games for rainouts, did not show up on the Siri face. It's like the TV app pulls the schedule from a source that is static and doesn't update.

Reactions: mk313

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008

In general, yes. But I guess it depends on what you have your notifications set to in your chosen app. I assume you have your team notifications on? Are you using the At Bat app? I do wish there would be a general Playoff notification so receive updates on all playoff games w/o having to turn it on for each team.

PS - I hope Cleveland beats the pants off of Houston! See you in the CS! ;)

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
What's the feature/app you're referring to? I'm curious!!

It’s a new thing in Watch is 5, you set your favorite teams in the tv app on your phone, then turn on favorite teams on the watch app and when you are using the Siri face, it will show score updates. Not perfect but pretty nice.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Unfortunately, the Mets didn't make the postseason, so I have no way of knowing :)

What I noticed during the regular season was that games that weren't part of the regular schedule, like makeup games for rainouts, did not show up on the Siri face. It's like the TV app pulls the schedule from a source that is static and doesn't update.

Thanks. That makes sense as to what I’m seeing now.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
In general, yes. But I guess it depends on what you have your notifications set to in your chosen app. I assume you have your team notifications on? Are you using the At Bat app? I do wish there would be a general Playoff notification so receive updates on all playoff games w/o having to turn it on for each team.

PS - I hope Cleveland beats the pants off of Houston! See you in the CS! ;)

Yah, I don’t use the at bat complication but so far just turning on the team in the tv app has worked pretty reliably.

I like your idea about a general playoff choice. Normally I don’t want to see every game but yah, during the playoffs, that’s exactly how I’d like it work work.

Good luck to your team as well, at least for the next few games. I hope their streak ends at the CS!

Reactions: 0970373

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Yah, I don’t use the at bat complication but so far just turning on the team in the tv app has worked pretty reliably.

I like your idea about a general playoff choice. Normally I don’t want to see every game but yah, during the playoffs, that’s exactly how I’d like it work work.

Good luck to your team as well, at least for the next few games. I hope their streak ends at the CS!

Pal, what's going on? Your team needs to step up tomorrow. Don't let Houston sweep or else we'll never hear the end of it. lol

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Haha! I know, this is terrible. Things are not looking good for us. What did they say yesterday, something like 85% of teams that go up 2-0 in the DS end up winning. I at least hope it’s competitive.

Assuming your profile location is correct, you guys had a pretty good day yesterday.

phr34k

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
Atlanta
I can't get any scores to pop up at all, for any of my teams selected in tv app. All settings correct. Any suggestions?

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I can't get any scores to pop up at all, for any of my teams selected in tv app. All settings correct. Any suggestions?

I’m assuming that you also turned on favorite teams on the watch app, also I think that it only works on the Siri face, so I’m assuming you’re using that as well.

The only other question I can think of is if all of your favorite teams that are playing happen to be in the playoffs or plying games that weren’t originally scheduled (make up games, etc). Thaat’s what seems to be happening here. The watch is pulling the games from some kind of static schedule and it doesn’t include games that were scheduled later (like make up games, playoff games, etc).

If it’s not either of those things, I have no other ideas on what could be going wrong.

phr34k

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
Atlanta
Yeah, I'm using the Siri face.. And my Georgia Bulldogs are just at mid season. No special games yet.. Still nary a notification lol

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Haha! I know, this is terrible. Things are not looking good for us. What did they say yesterday, something like 85% of teams that go up 2-0 in the DS end up winning. I at least hope it’s competitive.

Assuming your profile location is correct, you guys had a pretty good day yesterday.

Sorry about your series loss. I had hoped Cleveland could turn it around :( Our game was pretty horrendous tonight. It was not a pleasant night in the Bronx.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Sorry about your series loss. I had hoped Cleveland could turn it around :( Our game was pretty horrendous tonight. It was not a pleasant night in the Bronx.

Yah, it was a tough series. It’s one thing to lose, but another to get blown out, and swept. Last night was disappointing. We looked great through 6 innings, but then the wheels just fell off.

Yah, that was a terrible night for you guys. I hope they can bounce back today.

rgyiv

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2018
It’s a new thing in Watch is 5, you set your favorite teams in the tv app on your phone, then turn on favorite teams on the watch app and when you are using the Siri face, it will show score updates. Not perfect but pretty nice.

Oh awesome, thanks, just set it up! Looking forward to seeing if I get any useful notifications ha!

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Yah, it was a tough series. It’s one thing to lose, but another to get blown out, and swept. Last night was disappointing. We looked great through 6 innings, but then the wheels just fell off.

Yah, that was a terrible night for you guys. I hope they can bounce back today.

Well...that was terrible x 2. lol. Enjoy the off-season and better luck next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.