Sport + screen protector = SS (or close enough)?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iWot, Apr 29, 2015.

1. iWot macrumors member

TLDR: Changed my mind and wish I had ordered SS, but my Sport SG is arriving today and I don't want to wait another month. Will a screen protector solve this problem?

Now first I realize there is a difference between aluminum and stainless and that slapping a screen protector on a sport doesn't change that, and nor does it magically change ion-X into sapphire.

However, given that my sport SG is arriving today and I can't bear waiting a month for an SS, I'm thinking why not slap on a good screen protector and be done with it.

Does anyone think:
    1. the screen protector will make the Sport ugly? I have one on my iPhone and always forget it's there
    2. the SG screen could still be scratched with the screen protector?

This thread has gotten some pretty nice results: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1866818&page=6

2. GReeeeN macrumors newbie

Same situation, but still have a SS on order.

My SG arrived today and had already purchased a $10 glass screen protector. After I put it on, it was very noticeable and a little thick, so took it off right away (it was 0.2mm),

I've ordered a 0.1mm to give it a go, and still have the SS on order in case I do want to switch.

I've noticed the watch is much heavier than I remember, so that's one positive of keeping the SG. I've also ordered some leather bands online which will dress the SG up and make it look nice and sleek, so that's also good.

If you really want a SS, sell your SG now, and just buy a SS off someone for a bit extra. You'll get extra for your SG anyway. As for the screen protector, it does make it look a little thick and that's coming from someone that has applied screen protectors on every phone I've owned.

3. iWot thread starter macrumors member

4. GReeeeN macrumors newbie

I would order the armor suit, but as i'm located in Australia, it would cost me around $40 to get it shipped here. I just ordered a 0.1mm generic one, hope it fits the whole screen.