Sport Space Grey - Which band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by toysoldierkid, Apr 3, 2015.

1. toysoldierkid macrumors member

Hey guys,

I am still unsure about which watch to buy. I love the stainless steel model but I am not sure if I really want to spend that much money (just bought an iPad Air as well).

The Sport Space Grey model is my right now favourite but the sport band is just not my thing for every day use. As I haven't seen a lot of pictures with other bands...

Which one would you wear with the Space Grey Sport model?

At this point I also want to ask if anyone knows it there will be 3rd party bands, besides that Kickstarter project? In a way..that you can buy them as legal products...

2. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Sports space grey only seems to go with the black band. Better off getting the silver watch and buying a another band separately

3. sterl320 macrumors 6502

I'm going with the space grey as well. Its a bit more subtle than any of the other watches, and I personally don't want to spend anymore than the base price for a 1st generation product, not to mention it will be the first batch of shipments as well. I'm looking at this preorder as a test run, and when the second watch eventually comes out, that's when I'll go for something more expensive.

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

If you're getting the 42mm, I think it'd look great with a black leather loop.

5. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of getting both white and black bands to swap them around when I feel like it. But I can't decide whether to get the space grey or silver watch. Would the space grey watch look ok with the white band?

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I made the mistake of originally buying the black moto 360. It only looked good with a black band. I won't make that mistake twice!

oddly enough, I saw a black moto 360 today and thought the exact same thing. Get the silver/SS if you want to change bands.

7. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

The silver aluminum is the way to go because it goes with any sport band and also works with the leather loop.

8. SHKLMRE macrumors regular

The attached pics are the silver sport with the blue band, definitely an attractive combo for a more reasonable price. I'm definitely getting a silver sport just for the flexibility.

Attached Files:

9. Dr Charter macrumors 6502

I agree. I think the blue leather loop would look pretty good too but I'd have to see it in person.

10. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

Exactly, I want to get the blue leather loop for my sport when I want to dress it up a bit.

11. SHKLMRE macrumors regular

exactly the same! i'm even looking at some watch band adapters, like the popular Click, and hopefully a similar looking metal bands that's not too shiny. Just looking for for flexibility without having to buy the SS and link bracelet.

12. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I'm planning on doing the same thing and I think the space grey would look nice with the white band.

[​IMG]

13. SHKLMRE macrumors regular

I love that look! Space grey with the white band and silver SS with a black band.

14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i planned on getting a white one. I think it will pop when dressed accordingly. (a black hoodie, red/royal blue polo/sweater. Just thinking about some of my dressy outfits and i think it would look nice. (not wedding nice but dinner with friends/at "da club" :p

i think the black and blue leather loop looks nice too.

http://mixyourwatch.com

15. NumBerS912 macrumors member

I had been planning on the space grey sport but was concerned about limitations on straps. I was under the impression you could only use sport straps on the sport watch, is this confirmed as not the case then? You can use say a leather loop on it?

16. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

I don't see why they space grey watch wouldn't go with either the black or blue leather loop.

Personally they still seem costly, but I'm slightly tempted. I think I'll more likely go for something like a black milanese loop along the lines of this.
    [​IMG]

17. NumBerS912 macrumors member

I think the leathers would look really good but can they actually be fitted to the Sport?

18. manuchis macrumors member

manuchis

Well I'm thinking to buy a space grey and the black leather loop band, I think that is an elegant replacement. I like the aluminum but I have a Swatch that is aluminum with a black rubber band.
    The blue looks pretty but I don't wear blue clothes, so...

Anyway the leather loop seems the better band for an Sport Watch. It has less steel than others

19. almostirish macrumors member

20. manuchis macrumors member

manuchis

It doesn't work anymore :(

21. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Just tried it. Works for me.

22. manuchis macrumors member

manuchis

Now works... I have to say it guys, I love all that loop bands.
    The black one is nice, but brown is elegant ( I like the black-brown combination ) but blue looks amazing. I don't know...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I agree, in my opinion any of the leather loops will work with the space gray sport. I also think you could get away with just about any sport band but I like the white or black myself. The space gray really does limit your choices. I'm a big fan of the space grey matte color but I'm disappointed that there is no sapphire and the band choice is limited.

24. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

Thinking of going for the silver aluminium Sport with White band and buying either the black or blue leather strap.

25. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

The blue loop band looks very nice to with the space gray.