Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I play a lot of soccer and run a lot, so I'll likely get the Sport edition. I understand why the Sport has an Ion-X display (rather than Sapphire) and a different back (durability and weight, I guess) but I'm wondering when they say "prices start at $349", which edition do we think will be the $349 one?

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
Walt Mossberg says the sport is the low end one, watch mid range, and edition obviously high end. Makes sense really, low end = Aluminium and glass, mid range = Stainless steel and sapphire, high end = Gold and sapphire.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I agree on sport selling the best.

There will be several that wouldn't have minded paying a premium to get the sapphire on the light weight aluminum sport edition though.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Walt Mossberg says the sport is the low end one, watch mid range, and edition obviously high end. Makes sense really, low end = Aluminium and glass, mid range = Stainless steel and sapphire, high end = Gold and sapphire.

Weird- I thought it was 1)watch 2) sport 3) edition

I am ok with either of them as the starting option, as I do not see myself spending more than 350

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.