Sport With White Band: A Possible Consensus

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by John90976, Apr 22, 2015.

1. John90976, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

John90976 macrumors newbie

John90976

Hey everyone, I may be a standout in the group, but I ordered a 42mm White Sport. Though most of you care far more about your own choices, often either the SG or SS models, what do you think about White Sport shipments? I've seen people who ordered 4 days after me, (April 14th, I wanted to try it on first.), yet their devices are preparing for shipment.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks, Hope your ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ's come soon.

2. randalblanken macrumors regular

I ordered the same one and am wondering the same thing. Originally a 38mm of the same on 4/10, but after trying it on switched my order to the 42mm on 4/15.

The only idea I have is that since I live near Chicago, I may not get any updates early as it won't take long to ship around a large city.

Also, I'm wondering why this thread says "RESOLVED" in the title?

3. John90976 thread starter macrumors newbie

John90976

Fixed it..theres a reason I'm a noob.

4. randalblanken macrumors regular

Haha I'm a noob to the forum here too.

Added this to my first post: The only idea I have is that since I live near Chicago, I may not get any updates early as it won't take long to ship around a large city.

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

42mm Sport w/ White band checking in. Preparing for shipment. Ordered immediately. Sounds like there is plenty of stock of the Sport models with the exception of Space Gray.

6. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

38mm Sport w/ White Band. Ordered 3 minutes after preorder opened. I'm in the "preparing for shipment" stage but don't have any available UPS tracking info. I'm not concerned though as I'd imagine the model I ordered (entry level, common color) isn't in as short supply as others.

7. ihatephish macrumors regular

I ordered the 38mm silver sport with white band around 3:45 am central (didn't wake up for alarm). It was charged on my amex this morning and switched to preparing for shipment a little later.

That said, that is going to be my wife's watch! I'm so pissed. I was adamant that the smaller one was for me until I tried them on. Placed order for same watch but 42mm on 4/13 and it's still processing.

8. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

42mm Sport Silver/White band, ordered 12:05-12:06, Debit Card charged and status is "Preparing for Shipment".

9. randalblanken macrumors regular

In general it seems that the 38mm are shipping when the 42mm aren't? But the 42mm was overall more popularly ordered I think.

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

My 42mm seems to be moving. My card was charged and my status changed.

11. ihatephish macrumors regular

You know but you think?

12. randalblanken macrumors regular

Sorry I mistyped. I'm getting tired. Haha

13. refslady macrumors regular

38 mm, I have my UPS tracking number and it is scheduled to ship tomorrow via UPS Next Day Saver.

14. ihatephish macrumors regular

When did you order and when did your order change from preparing for shipment to getting your tracking number?

15. randalblanken macrumors regular

Okay so there moving, but that specific one must be a little more backed up than other later orders that seem to be moving up.

Or the whole thing could have no rhyme or reason and 95% of all orders will magically show up Friday. We'll all find out Apple was just trolling us this entire time.

16. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

They overestimated the demand of the White Band in comparison to the Space Grey. Although I should have mine this weekend so whatever :cool:.

17. refslady macrumors regular

My order confirmation was time-stamped :03. My order status has not changed from preparing for shipment yet. I have my tracking number directly from the UPS site. I already was registered for UPS tracking, and when I logged in, the Watch shipment was added to my list of packages. It actually shows "shipment picked up at 4:10pm 4/23/2015" so I'm guessing that is the time when everything will sort of reconcile between the two systems.

18. erikjc macrumors member

FWIW, I ordered my 38mm Sport with white band on 4/11 and I haven't been charged or moved to "preparing for shipment" yet. Hoping it happens in the next day or two judging by how fast the White Sports seem to be moving.