Sportacular

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by brentg33, Nov 5, 2008.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

is anyone else having an issue with the latest version of this application? The app store icon indicates i have one app in need up an update (sportacular) however, when i go into the apps store to try and update...the button that you would normally touch to install the app already says installed......how do i get my iphone to know this is already installed? or is this a bug in the app?

thanks
    brent

2. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

I don't think it has anything to do with the app, as I've had the same problem a couple of times, most recently with Younote. The symptoms are the same as you describe and nothing I did, even synching, would get rid of the '1 update available' notification. After a couple of days, however, the phone seemed to catch it's mistake and the notification just went away.

3. boiee macrumors member

I have this same exact problem and it is NOT going away. :( It's kind of annoying.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

even now months after the AppStore release the update function doesn't work properly. Chalk it up to another thing that just doesn't work on the iPhone.

5. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

Before my problem solved itself, I was thinking about just deleting the app from the phone, then synching it back on and seeing if that fixed the problem. Don't know if that will work or not.

6. okaive macrumors member

okaive

Hmmm have yet to have any problems with this app. :confused: