Sports App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Angelo921, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

Is there a free sports app that you guys recommend that will give me push alerts for final scores of the teams I choose?

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Sportacular is the bomb! The free version is ad supported but I believe has push. You can set notifications by quarter/period, score change and final.

3. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you!!!

4. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

You're welcome.

I used the free version for months before finally purchasing. It's nice to not have ads and the notifications now have sound attached to them. It's well worth the few bucks. The dev has a thread on this forum and is always looking for ways to improve the app too.

5. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

Have you tried the fantasy player alerts? Does that work pretty well in realtime?

6. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Only a little.. you get pretty up to date stats but you don't really know how many points your team is scoring because every league is different. Not sure if there is a way to modify or set that up.

Since I'm in a Yahoo league, I use their app for football.

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

You might also want to check out ESPN ScoreCenter. I use that and Sportactular.

8. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I had ScoreCenter but it just ran too slow for me. It had many more sports though and I'll give it that. I love push notifications for my favorite teams and ESPN has yet to deliver that. :(

9. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I have both the ESPN ScoreCenter and Sportacular Pro. The ESPN has a nifty look but no push and it updates slower than Sportacular. Get the Pro version, no ads and worth it.

10. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

I use yahoo fantasy football app for my yahoo league but it would be nice if it had push alerts when one of your players got a TD.

11. superflush macrumors 6502a

Just got this after seeing the recommendation here. Seems pretty cool.