Sports armbands for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ramius, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Ramius, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

Ramius macrumors 6502

It seems armbands were excluded from the compilation thread. So maybe we can have one for just armbands, used to protect the iPhone from sweat during training. And also allowing easy access.

I just worked out for the first time with my "Shocksock", that I bought on ebay for just 16$.

I´m unsure what way is the correct orientation. I had my iPhone´s button upwards on top. With the armband on my left bicep. But it still feels a bit clumsy changing songs and volume while jogging. Has anyone got any better way of doing this?

Maybe it works better on my forearm.
    [​IMG]

2. v3rn macrumors regular

I tried finding a decent armband that I can use without taking my case off but couldn't find one. So instead I'm using a spibelt and couldn't be happier. Way more comfortable and is easily hidden.

3. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you have a picture of it? Never heard of this.

I actually think you could fit your phone in this Shocksock. The material is very flexible and stretchy. And its cheap, so wouldn´t hurt to try out.

4. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

Today I jogged with the phone on my forearm, which worked much better. And I kept it with the button down.

But still I find the iTunes controls to be very small and clumsy to use, when I´m jogging. The buttons are just to small, and it really sucks that the controls are not working in landscape mode.

I´ve never had a problem with iTunes before, but I havent really been using my phone while working out. So I think Apple should rework the controls now. And make it possible to have really big buttons on screen in landscape mode.

5. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

A couple possible solutions:

1. Get some earbuds that have inline iphone controls. I use Klipsch S4i earbuds and easily pause, skip songs, etc. Plus they sound awesome.

2. You can check out some of the runner apps like Runkeeper. Once you load up a playlist, these usually have bigger buttons on their screens so you can switch songs, etc, while monitoring your running stats.

Of course, if you are wanting to browse artists or something, I think you're stuck. ;)

6. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

Just got new earbuds for christmas, so I won´t be buying any new ones.

When you doubleclick the home button on the lock screen, you get the music controls on the lock screen. I just wish these were facing sideways in landscape mode. That would be perfect.

I don´t think the pause button is even needed. Just previous/next song, and volume.