Sports band problem

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sclawis300, Mar 9, 2018.

1. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

I noticed that there is something off with the finish of my sports band. I have attempted to wash it but nothing happens. Anyone experience this? I’ve only had the watch for 2 weeks.

Also, that half of the band is very snug when putting it on and taking off the watch face. The other side glides in and out smoothly.

Attached Files:

2. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502a

AMTYVLE

I LITERALLY just read a thread on here about this same issue the other day, now I cannot find the thread....

Something about a certain batch of Sport Bands were not coated 'long enough' during the making process. You can probably go to an Apple store and show them proof you only had the watch 2 weeks, they most definitely should give you a new band.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Here ya go

Click here for hot babes, dare ya

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Your thread was likely merged into another thread. But you’re correct, if you bring the band to an Apple store, they can inspect it and will likely just issue a new one to you. Even if the band is somewhat outside the two week return period, Depending on Apple Store, they might make an exception as well.

5. sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

I ran a search before posting but didn’t see anything. That’s why I posted this myself. I have to go get my wife a birthday present so I may swing by the Apple store. I don’t want to be “that guy” who complains about every little detail, but two weeks????

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Apple should replace it with out hesitation.

7. sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

They did. In and out in 5 minutes.

8. mackie8 macrumors 6502a

I dunno what is wrong with the black band...
    white sport band is better....

9. Relentless Power, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

My Original Black sport band never had this issue and its almost three years old. I’m not sure they if changed something in the manufacturing process or a specific batch is defective.

10. Mammut, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018

Mammut macrumors member

Mammut

The black sportband I got together with my Series 0 in 2015 has lost its coating 2.5 years ago (a few weeks after the purchase). I got an additional one from Apple, but I haven’t used it yet. Without the coating the haptic is a little bit different, but thats the only shortcoming as far as I can see.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I have had two black sport bands. One started to look bad after only a few weeks use while the other still looks close to new after months and months. This tell me the quality is not consistent. So if you get a bad one, get Apple to replace it.

12. sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

There was one weird aspect of the exchange. I asked about the Nike band and they said they could swap it out if I wanted, butttttt...it would void the warranty on the entire watch. I’m sorry, what?????

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Then you should ask for some clarification, because that doesn’t make any sense at all. A sport band cannot void the warranty on an Apple Watch when they are two different products. Also, all the OEM sport bands can be interchanged between any Apple Watch that has nothing to do with voiding the warranty on the watch Itself.