Sports calendar subscription

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jr866gooner, Mar 22, 2014.

1. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Morning all,

Does Apple have a calendar feature allowing you to subscribe to your favourite teams fixtures?

When I was on android I was a heavy gmail user but not so much now and I was able to subscribe to my favourite team and their fixtures would populate in my calendar, problem was it was never updated and quite often when fixtures were rearranged it would still show the old date...

Just wondered if Apple would incorporate some kind of feature similar to this? I'm sure they would be better at keeping it up to date!

2. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

I use an app named Sportscal from the mac app store. It syncs my fav pro and college teams schedules to all my devices. Not sure if that's what you mean but this app does a good job for schedules.

3. Black Magic, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014

Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

It's already available and you have to think about it before you add it because an official app maybe the better route. So if you like the Lakers, you could go to ESPN and add the calendar to your phone or better yet, just download the Official NBA Laker app and get push alerts as to when the game comes on and all that stuff. Same thing for NFL and more. Download the March Madness app to stay up with the Tourney and watch games live.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can subscribe to a team calendar in Gmail or basically Google Calendar and then have it appear on your phone when you add that account to your phone.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Some sports calendar publishers don't do a good job of updating game date or time changes (or they don't do them at all). There's not anything you can do about that aspect. It can be difficult to find a good one for a particular team.

6. jive turkey macrumors 6502

I subscribe to several sports calendars thru yahoo. If you go to a team's schedule in yahoo sports there is a link to subscribe to iCal/ics. It's updated constantly which is great for schedule changes.

7. bransoj macrumors 6502a

A quick search around the sports fixtures you want in ical format will normally bring something up that you need.

For info for football (soccer for you guys in the US) i use a site called This Monkey which is very good :-
    http://www.thismonkey.com/

Covers a few other sports as well. I link them into my Google Calendar that i sync to my phone but no reason you cant add them to the phone directly.