Sports, etc. schedules on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brayhite, Aug 13, 2010.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I've delved into iCal subscriptions but they are few and far between. Was wondering if an app existed, or anything for that matter, that would report sports schedules?

Mostly interested in NCAA Basketball/Football, NFL, and NBA. If you know of some dependable iCal subscription sites, please suggest those as well. I tried iCal World but the UK NCAA BBall schedule is only halfway complete, so who knows how accurate those are.

Thanks for any help.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

They are? Unless I'm completely naive to the iCal method of subscriptions, the most recent Cincinnati Bengals iCal on Apple's website is from 2007.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That's when it was posted. The content is updated on Apple's server and iCal fetches the most recent. I thought so too until the next NFL season started (09-10) then realized that they are indeed updated.

5. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I downloaded the Bengals one a couple weeks ago and there weren't any dates scheduled in September, October, etc., so I assumed it just hadn't been updated yet. I'll give it another go.

6. dagored macrumors 65816

I did the same for the Steelers and nothing. It was created in 2007. I think it is out of date.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

My Steelers one works. Apple just hasn't updated the events for the 10-11 season yet. It was posted on the Apple site in 2007. It doesn't say when it was last updated.

8. dagored macrumors 65816

I'll take your word for it. I just installed it. First pre-season game is Saturday. I'll give it till then or I'll just delete it.

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

After reviewing last year's Steelers calendar, I don't think it shows pre-season games. The first game it shows from the 09-10 season is on September 20th, 2009.

10. dagored macrumors 65816

Thanks, I can wait.

11. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well you can check Intell's word by going back to the previous season and seeing games from then. So Apple's servers just have yet to update it. But as I'm sure you know the Bengals' first preseason game has come and gone and still no updated schedule.

I already got my NFL schedule from the website I posted in the OP (yes, the entire NFL's) on my iPhone, this one will just stay on the Mac until Calendar Beta supports subscription syncing over MobileMe.