Sports fans sound off.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by yaddam205, Mar 8, 2011.

1. yaddam205 macrumors member

Like many I'm getting an iPad for the first time this Friday.
    I'm a sports fan (Football, Basketball, Baseball, Rugby) and I want to know which apps you like the most.

Weather it's keeping score, fantasy or watching live on the iPad let me know.

Cheers.

2. jlasoon macrumors 6502

These are my sports apps.

MLB at Bat 2011 with MLB.TV <--------------- This is simply the best most polished sports app by a long shot. Everything streams fine and looks good. They're talking about major updates for the 2011 season. Hopefully AirPlay implementation.

NBA Game Time <---------not bad, I'm mostly indifferent towards this app Everything works, but the quality is seriously lacking.

NHL Gamecenter <---------horrid streaming of games, this one is bad. I have a 40Mbps connection and I can't stream more than a few minutes of any game. They're having serious issues with this one. Unless you want to watch games on your computer as well I wouldn't bother with this one.

MLS Matchday 2011 hasn't been released yet, who knows what this one will look like.

ESPN ScoreCenterXL is junk, they need to implement ESPN3 into this app badly.

Those are the sports apps I use most often.