Sports Scores App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NDimichino, Aug 25, 2008.

1. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Really disappointed in what is available right now.

I used to like SportsTap, I used the webapp like it was my job before 2.0, but the native app is really missing some key components and seems to be a lot slower.

Sportacular I thought was awful too. I'll be honest, as a sports journalism major, I breathe sports and am constantly checking scores, news, transactions, and wouldn't mind paying for an app that has all that.

I wish ESPN or CBS Sports would just make an app, I've been using the ESPN mobile webapp, it's been holding me over, but something native shouldn't be too much to ask.

Does anyone have an awesome app I don't know about?

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

3. gldelx macrumors member

I loaded 4 different ones to try out and see which seemed to work the best (for me at least). SportsTap is the one I go to most often, but all of them have a huge lag for real time stuff. For baseball, it seems all are about 1/2 - 2 innings behind. (compared to old school wap sites would be within 30 seconds up-to-date).

4. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

You should try AP Mobile news for breaking scores. Or get an AP Exchange account and use that as a web app, which is the best there is.

5. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

That sounds off.. I use the MLB App and Sportacular (for baseball and pre-season football) - both of them were updated within seconds of the real time events.

6. gldelx macrumors member

I will have to try sportacular more. It is one I have loaded.

LiveSportz I find to be the slowest to update, then the other three (SportsTap, Sportacular and ScoreMobile) all seem about the same. Not sure why I have been going to SportsTap the most ;)

7. jalpert macrumors 6502

I went from sportstap to sportacular and it was a HUGE step up. I havn't used any others, but sportacular is very much worth a shot.

8. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I like Sportacular but I was disappointed that while the scores updated quickly, the stats did not. The score would show a touchdown or field goal or other points scored but the stats did not reflect this even 15 minutes to half an hour later. I also wish there were something like Game Center where the last play shows & the position of the ball on the field, what down it is, how many yards to go.