Sports Scores on iPhone

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
I figured I would start a thread to see how everyone keeps track of sports on their iPhone.

Here's a list I have/use/know about and my opinions of them.

ESPN Mobile - Really have improved their interface within the past year. It has auto-refresh and play-by-play but every time it refreshes, you have to scroll back down to the plays. It used to not be like this.

Fumbleview - This would be a great site if it'd work. It used to work quite well last year. Now, it's just slow as dirt and the game doesn't seem to load most of the time. It also shows you where on the field the ball is. Only gives scores for NFL, NCAAF and MLB.

Yahoo! Sports - Not bad. It shows you the score and the last three plays all in one nicely formatted screen but the updates are a bit slower than ESPN. Also no auto-refresh.

Of course there's also the three main multi-sport apps in the App Store but I don't really like any of them:

Sportacular
SportsTap
ScoreMobile

So how do you keep track of sports on your iPhone?

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I use Live Scores at streamingscores.com/iPhone. I have liked their interface since they started it.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I use Live Scores at streamingscores.com/iPhone. I have liked their interface since they started it.
That looks like that is the website that Sportstacular gets its data from.

Spongey817

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2008
I also like its ability to keep track of player stats (fantasy)./[/url]
Same here. Sportacular is perfect for fantasy fans. It keeps track of individual stats and allows you to rearrange players in order of there position (bench players can be moved to the bottom, etc)

As far as apps, I don't think anything compares to Sportacular

Blown01NJ

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2008
ESPN mobile is MUCH faster at updates than any APP. I use that but I have just switched to Sportacular as my sports APP.

ericfelt

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Ive found m.espn.com loads quicker than any app I've tried. That being said I also use sportacular and the PGA tour app.

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
I used to use SportsTap, but it started having stability problems right as ESPN's improved, so I switched. Since I don't care about fantasy games, Sportstacular just seemed cluttered to me.

NorrisKillsKids

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
TSN Mobile is by far the best app imo. Simple and clean interface, pretty fast, and access to every sport. Can't go wrong.

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
Sportstacular has been the best for me. I tried sports tap and stuff and liked it but sportstacular IMO is better :D
Agreed. I have ESPN, Fox Sports, etc, and only use Sportacular. I like their UI the best. Love the Push updates for my favorite teams. ESPN is good too, and their push updates are a little more extensive with info.....but still prefer Sportacular.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
What app is that? Coming from a fellow cards fan trapped in Chicago.
I believe I clicked through a link on stltoday.com to get to it, but I could be wrong. At any rate, it's put out by the Post and the splash screen says STLToday.com Cardinals Baseball 2010. I want to say it was something like $1.99 or so. Enjoy! It's a great source of news stories and blogs and whatnot & they make it very easy to email the stories, post to FB or Twitter, etc. Very nice integration. :)