Sports Screen

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by philon13, May 6, 2015.

1. philon13 macrumors newbie

So Ive had my Apple Watch Sports Edition since release day. I have made sure I have been super careful not to bang it or bump it during day to day activities. I have a desk job and then work out at the gym for 2 hours a evening, so its not really in harms way too often.

already I have noticed several small scratches appearing on my screen. They do not seem too deep and yes I know that the Sports screen is not as hardy as the Apple Watch but I expected more from a £339 product.

has anyone else noticed anything?

2. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Don't have any scratches on mine and I've bumped it a fair amount around at work but I'm sure they'll come eventually. Others have gotten them.

3. dedufour41 macrumors regular

dedufour41

Sleeves?

I don't have any scratches on mine yet, but I also haven't worn sleeves yet either... Of the posters reporting Sport scratches, a lot of them are sleeve wearers... I'm wondering if this is a contributor to the affect?

4. snapper07 macrumors 6502

yup on day 3 of wearing it. It happened when i was working from home so just sat at desk making lunch etc so nothing that i would have thought would have put it in harms way.

Was very surprised when i found it as have been quite carful with it. Don't think it's as hard wearing as they make out, have ordered screen protector (which I hate the idea of using) as I don't want any more scratches.

5. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I've noticed that you haven't looked around on here much and discovered several other threads talking about the same subject.

6. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

OH NO! A DUPLICATE THREAD!

Call out the National Guard!

7. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Well more "You're more likely to find the information you are looking for on one or more of the longer-serving threads"

But yes, stone the OP too :cool:

8. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

what type f scratches? ones you could feel when you run your fingernails through the screen or just cosmetic scratches?

9. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

10. mpike78 macrumors regular

No scratches here but mines still in a bin in China somewhere.

11. maricc macrumors regular

i've had mine(sport) for about 12 days and i just noticed a very small scratch near the top where the glass begins to curve (so the scratch isn't on the section where the screen is displayed. I can't notice it unless i look verrrry closely.

I've never had any scratches or physical issues with my iphone in the past but i've been wearing my watch for pretty much everyday and during squash matches so its likely that's where it occured.

12. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

No scratches here. Knock on wood. Never wore a watch before now and so scared to mess it up. I can be pretty clumsy.

13. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

14. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Probably the oleophobic coating.

I'm going to put a protector on mine when I can get my hands on one which covers the entire screen - nobody's selling them in the UK.

15. jsan21 macrumors newbie

Same here. I have no idea how, but now I have some tiny scratches on my screen. Not aggressive at all with it. So I don't know what happen. Oh well