iPhone Sports ticker widget

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wknapp0924, Feb 5, 2013.

1. wknapp0924 macrumors 6502

I love the tweak dashboard x because you can put something like google trends on your home screen, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a sports ticker that will scroll the scores of games that are on?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I have been looking for this for years now. I found a workaround but its not that great. It involves using an RSS feed but the problem with that is there isn't a feed that covers all sports. I only know of sport specific feeds. Last year the dev of dashboard x tweeted a features request for plugins. I immediately suggested a sports ticker. If I remember correctly, he said it would be too difficult to implement. Either way, he said no to the request. If you find a solution please post it! I would love to have this. I'll do the same if I find something.

3. mpgolfpro macrumors member

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Finally! Great find cdcrowell! Man that just made my night. Been looking for a sports ticker for years now. Thank you so much for posting that. I'm gonna read through it tomorrow to get the details. Sounds promising! Thanks again!

5. wknapp0924 thread starter macrumors 6502

YESSSS!!!!!! Awesome find. If I knew how to do all the tweaks I would have tried to create this myself. It will be so awesome looking at the scores without going into my phone! Im sure it will hit battery a little, but thats ok. I can't wait.

6. lanceuppercut47 macrumors regular

That sounds awesome, definitely keeping an eye on that!

7. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

This would be great! I would definitely purchase a tweak that did this.

8. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

9. mpgolfpro macrumors member

10. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Doesn't look like there has been any action on this for about a month. Wondering if it is dead.

11. mpgolfpro macrumors member

Hope not. This has so much potential. Someone could definitely make some cash off of this.