Sports Videography quote

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mac4lifeOG, Feb 18, 2009.

1. mac4lifeOG macrumors newbie

I was contacted by a high school soccer booster club the other day. Im relatively new to sports videography. Im looking for some assistance in quoting out a price for this job. It would be 4 soccer games. JV and Varsity. 25-32 parents would be purchasing. It would be a highlight reel of their season. For the Varsity DVD, it would also include 9 seniors being interviewed. Any thoughts on pricing this out? I dont want to come in too low, but at the same time, I dont want to be overpriced and lose the job. I'm more concerned with putting my work out there right now and getting exposure. Thanks.

_adam_

2. heron88 macrumors 6502

I would do $20, its a nice round number that most people should be able to afford.

And of course it all is relative to how much time and work you spend on it.

3. MrLatte23 macrumors regular

Too many factors to judge...

A lot depends on how much time you're putting into this project. If you're just going to slap the 4 games on a DV with minor edits, put the interviews at the end with no titles or graphics, consider $25 - $30 dollars an hour. If you're going to edit the games extensively, create some nice graphics and titles, add some music and make a little best-of package for the 9 people interviewed you might be closer to $50 dollars an hour.

Understandably $20 dollars a DVD might be an acceptable price for the parents, but the time it takes to just shoot the games won't cover that. You're going to spend at least five 10 hours days logging and editing to get a decent program that'll fit onto one DVD. Unfortunately, most projects like this lend themselves to giving work away.

Take a good estimate of how much time you think you're going to spend on this and double it.