Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fluff

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Get it!! Right now you can select your favorite baseball teams and it will alert you at the beginning, end, and any score changes...tried it tonight and it is pretty slick!!! Football season here we come!

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
app looks really nice have to see how push works tommorw with the teams im following this can hold me off till the ESPN app comes in the fall :)

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Cool, I'll try it out tomorrow.

I hope Sportacular adds push as well, I abandoned Sportstap for Sportacular because I liked it better.

But if this works well, I'll stick with it for a while.

Go Jays Go :p

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Cool, I'll try it out tomorrow.

I hope Sportacular adds push as well, I abandoned Sportstap for Sportacular because I liked it better.

But if this works well, I'll stick with it for a while.

Go Jays Go :p

Same here. I'll switch back, though, if this is as advertised. It'll be good when I can't watch or hear the game on MLB At Bat.

Go Red Sox!!

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
^^^^^ Boo Red Sox!! :p

Although I do sport this awesome vintage Red Sox t-shirt every once in a while:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 70

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
They missed the iPhone boat a long time ago. Even the app they have now sucks compared to SportsTap and Sportacular.

I actually like the UI of ScoreCenter FAR MORE than Sportacular and such. Sportacular offers more info (like individual statistics), but just for a broad "Who won today?" ScoreCenter can't be beat.

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
app looks really nice have to see how push works tommorw with the teams im following this can hold me off till the ESPN app comes in the fall :)

im not a fan of the ESPN App.

Sportacular, in my opinion, is better. It has the standings + scores.

I'll give this sportap a look though since it has push now.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Push is not working for me. It's telling me that I need the 3.0 version of their app (which I downloaded) and that I need OS 3.0 (which I have on my 3GS).

Ah well..... devs, please work out the bugs......

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Push is not working for me. It's telling me that I need the 3.0 version of their app (which I downloaded) and that I need OS 3.0 (which I have on my 3GS).

Ah well..... devs, please work out the bugs......

I was getting Push updates all night from multiple games. Not a single bug

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.