spot on screen iPhone 6+ 128 Gb

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
I just traded my iPhone 6 for a 6+ last week and I noticed a spot under the screen. It's definitely not on top or anything I can wipe off. It's like it's behind the screen and causes a small round shadow visible behind any solid colour. It's not visible in photos etc because it blends into the shading etc. But any white or light background I can see it very well. It's not large though, only about 1mm x 1mm. I can see it as a grey shadow that doesn't move when I scroll what's on the screen... and somehow now that I see it, I can't seem to UNSEE it!

Should I take it back and have them exchange the phone? I am worried if there is a screen issue maybe it will get worse over time. I do have apple care on this but it's virtually brand new I only got it last week.

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
Problem is mine is not 'Spot On'

Mine has a spot ON it! Or rather behind it... I asked today and made an appt for Tues with genius bar. (Tomorrow supposed to be another snow storm). They think it's a dead pixel (or a few dead pixels).

tryphone

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2015
Problem is mine is not 'Spot On'

Mine has a spot ON it! Or rather behind it... I asked today and made an appt for Tues with genius bar. (Tomorrow supposed to be another snow storm). They think it's a dead pixel (or a few dead pixels).

This isn't unheard of with the 6+. One of the few reasons I bought the 6 instead

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
Well they dont know what was wrong with the screen, but they just did an outright exchange even though I was a few days past the 14 day for straight exchange. The Apple store itself did it as an exchange rathe than genius bar doing it under warranty. (I was only a few days over the 14 days anyway - I told them I was late bringing it back because I was at sea - I'm in the Navy and was in uniform anyway when I went there. They understood... ). And my Apple Care was reset to the new phone and started today. So I am all good and currently restoring from backup! New screen is perfect!