Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Spotify today announced a redesign coming to "Your library" for users on iOS and Android with the aim of making it easier to locate and find songs, podcasts, and more thanks to dynamic filters, a new Grid view, and more.

spotify-your-library.jpg

Spotify says these changes will be rolling out to all users on iOS and Android in the coming weeks, so not everyone will see them immediately. Two of the most striking changes coming to the "Your Library" interface is the introduction of "Dynamic Filters." These new filters work in an almost "tap and go" fashion, where tapping specific filters such as Downloaded, Albums, etc... will automatically update which filters are presented according to the content within your library.

New dynamic filters to help you browse that collection. Choose between album, artist, playlist, or podcast to see the audio you’ve saved that matches. Then, if you’re on the go, simply tap the Downloaded filter to view all your content available offline* at once.
"Your Library" is also getting a new Grid view that visualizes album, playlist, and podcast cover art with large tiles. Spotify is also adding the ability for users to pin up to four different playlists, albums, or podcast shows to the top of their library for quick and easy access.
More control and easier access to what you listen to most. Choose up to four playlists, albums, or podcast shows to keep pinned for instant access so you can quickly dive back into that work playlist or sleep podcast. Simply swipe right on these items to see the “pin” option.
While all the changes will be available to paying and non-paying Spotify users, the “Downloaded” filter will require a premium subscription.

Article Link: Spotify Announces Updated 'Your Library' With New Grid Views, Dynamic Filters, Improved Search, and More

Reactions: LeeW

repoman016

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2017
Ohio
Everything EXCEPT HD audio…right Spotify? With the upcoming price increase (effective Jun 1), Apple Music is looking better and better (even without HD audio).
Did I miss something? Is this an apple or spotify price increase? I've been with spotify for prob 7 years without any gripes. Sometimes a song will be grayed out when its been on a playlist forever but thats about it for complaints.

sdz

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2014
Europe/Germany
Did I miss something? Is this an apple or spotify price increase? I've been with spotify for prob 7 years without any gripes. Sometimes a song will be grayed out when its been on a playlist forever but thats about it for complaints.
I use Brazil Vouchers and listen to music for 2,50€ per month. Apple Music too expensive ;)

Wackery

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2015
I love the downloaded filter, i don’t usually have songs in my ‘saved’ songs, but have them downloaded in playlists

Sir_Macs_A_Lot

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2020
Now if only Spotify would let me download just the specific songs I want instead of a whole album. At least let me delete the songs I don't want from My Library instead of just 'hiding' them. Also just because I haven't logged into my account in weeks doesn't mean that I don't still want my downloaded music available when I do go back online.

Reactions: DarrenGauthier

Koni17

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2016
How about Siri integration on Homepod? All I want is to be able to play a song from Spotify without having to use my iPhone.

one more

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Now if only Spotify would let me download just the specific songs I want instead of a whole album. At least let me delete the songs I don't want from My Library instead of just 'hiding' them. Also just because I haven't logged into my account in weeks doesn't mean that I don't still want my downloaded music available when I do go back online.

You can. Make your playlist and toggle download button just for that playlist. Then add the songs you like to it. 🖐

Reactions: Okasian

bwayne

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2021
Except Spotify’s HD plan is just that - only an ever dithering plan. No pricing, no date, no content given. I’ve been on Spotify since it was available in 2009, and I somewhat still like it, but it’s not evolved much in the last few years. Amazon’s service looks very enticing - I need to do a trial on that soon. Tidal’s catalogue and genres just didn’t resonate with me - even Justin Bieber at 24-bit/96khz still sounds like a synthetic rube tune.

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011

Spotify is still the best.
At least you can use basic folder structure with subfolders and all.
Not so much with any other music service.

Spotify is only increasing prices on family plans if you live in the US. Not individual plans.

Reactions: repoman016 and sdz

DeltaHF

macrumors member
May 14, 2008
Always kind of surprised at the hate Spotify gets here sometimes. I think it's great and I'm looking forward to these additions.

I'm all-in on Apple's ecosystem and I have tried to like Apple Music, but it just doesn't jive (pardon the pun) with the way I like to listen to and organize music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.