Spotify Controls

darrenpop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
Glasgow
Back on WatchOS 1, you could have Spotify playing on your iPhone and use the 'Music Controls' glance to change the track, see artist/song information, change the volume etc.

This became a feature which i used loads every day. It was great being able to control what was playing from my watch when i was walking around. Not only did it make it easier than using the button on the headphones, because now i could see who the next artist/song was and make a decision if i wanted to listen to it, without having to listen to the intro to work it out, but it was just a nicer experience overall.

As you will probably have guessed, this feature is missing from WatchOS 2. For whatever reason, if Spotify is playing on my phone now, i swipe up the glance, and nothing is playing. It seems the control are now soley for Apple Music.

I am a bit disappointed, as it worked brilliant before and i don't think it needed to change.

Thoughts?

lpb

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2013
Sweden
Spotify control working on my Apple Watch with WatchOS2.

Last edited:

bjjp2

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
Back on WatchOS 1, you could have Spotify playing on your iPhone and use the 'Music Controls' glance to change the track, see artist/song information, change the volume etc.

This became a feature which i used loads every day. It was great being able to control what was playing from my watch when i was walking around. Not only did it make it easier than using the button on the headphones, because now i could see who the next artist/song was and make a decision if i wanted to listen to it, without having to listen to the intro to work it out, but it was just a nicer experience overall.

As you will probably have guessed, this feature is missing from WatchOS 2. For whatever reason, if Spotify is playing on my phone now, i swipe up the glance, and nothing is playing. It seems the control are now soley for Apple Music.

I am a bit disappointed, as it worked brilliant before and i don't think it needed to change.

Thoughts?
Same experience. Sucks.

ZomBee

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2014
Works fine for me too. Listening and controlling right now from my watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.