Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Spotify today expanded its half-price student subscription plan to 31 more countries around the world.

The music streaming service has offered the discounted premium subscriptions to students based in the U.S., the U.K., and Germany for some time, but starting today Spotify is adding several more countries to the list of eligible nations.

Screen-Shot-8-800x330.jpg

The list now includes Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey.

The student plan includes all premium features, such as ad-free listening, improved audio quality options, and downloadable tracks for offline listening. To qualify, students must attend an accredited institution. The discounted plan can be used for the entirety of the subscriber's student life.

In the U.S., users get at least a one-year discount, that can be renewed up to three times for a total of four years, but regional variations may apply. Students can head over to Spotify.com/student to sign up to the offer.

Article Link: Spotify Half-Price Student Subscription Plan Rolls Out to 31 More Countries

Reactions: JuuBBe

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
This is a fairly good deal. Especially since it can be renewed three times within four years, you basically lock in that "Student" price.

Comment

johannnn

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
The list now includes Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey.
Swedish company not allowing student discount for us Swedes :(

Comment

JuuBBe

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2017
Finally! There's no need to even think between Apple Music and Spotify anymore. :)

Comment

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Its great and so easy to renew. My university never deletes student email adresses and a while ago i just got the email from spotify asking like "still a student?" and i typed in 2019 and it worked

Comment

SoApple

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
I wonder why the student discount is unavailable in Quebec, Canada.

In qc as well. I've been waiting for spotify student for way too long. Went ahead with apple music 3 months ago and haven't looked back. Granted the UI isn't the greatest but it gets the job done!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.