Spotify Integration on Facebook is Amazing!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

So i was able to create a spottily account and download the pluggin for Facebook and got to using it. Personally its amazing, i can see what others are listening to and listen to it and see other songs as well. It updates in the news feed occasionally and for every song in the ticker. As much as i love apple its much better than Ping and it does help to discover new music, and great social discussions. So anyone want to discuss? Fire away:D

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Really? is it going to promote more "social" discussions with your friends? Unless you're one of those tools with 800 friends on FB and only 3 off FB then I can't see why it's necessary to share that much with others. If you do, fine, but please don't act as thought it's going to promote meaningful discussion. Much of today's music is **** nowadays anyway.

I saw it and I simply don't care to be so integrated.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Meh
    Maybe its a kid thing
    I have no interest in it and it makes me cringe that much more when I visit FB

I have no beef with those that choose to use it
    I just hope it doesn't clutter FB even more
    I've turned off just about everything I can already

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I used the idiot system here. Try to guess how.

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I didn't know what it was. Had to look it up. I'm old too. To each his own though. Facebook has so much stuff I get lost. I like G+ better but can't say I've even put it to good use. Whatever that means. :eek:

7. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

That was really critical and almost offensive nevertheless, i don't have like 800 friends only 300 these are family and friends i actually talk to. And one of my friend was listening to a song and i chatted up a good conversion about it. And were not the people to listen to rap, i can't stand it so try being a bit less critical please.

----------

And i do like G+ better too much simpler but as for now most have Facebook and all the friends that i do have on G+ are already on FB.

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Glad it seems to be working well for you and you enjoy it
    I just don't think it reaches my demographic (not that everything should)

9. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I would have been more excited if they had released an official iPad app and a major update to the existing iPhone app.

10. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

Way too intrusive. What's worse is going to a news story on another website and seeing your name and picture pop up in the comments section.

11. garybUK Guest

garybUK

The facebook integration is great, I too have had discussions about music and you also learn about what 'other' genres your friends like also. I have discovered some great new (and old) music this way!

12. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Don't you want to be connected?

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I liked it better when Facebook kept my information private and I could control who saw what. I am not a fan of the social graph and everyone up in my business.