Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danb77

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Hi all,

I just discovered that Music Controls (on Cydia) now supports Spotify. If, like me, you jailbroke mainly to get background music, then this is a dream come true.

The killer features:

a) Auto-backgrounding of music apps

b) Popup (pause/play/forward etc.) controls for non Apple music players on double-click of home button

c) Music art from non-Apple apps on the lock screen

d) Music apps are automatically closed when you leave them on pause, saving battery power!

Utterly brilliant!!

No, I am not the author, just a very satisfied customer.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
nice

I on the waiting list as well. oh well went though this with google voice no glory with out patience. has to get to the us 1st to though so it will be a while!

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
Guys, you don't need an invite! Check the link above, spotify have left a backdoor open for anyone to sign up for free!!!

Thanks for the offer btw danb77...

When it goes public !

How long will that be ? Perhaps the posters want in on the beta.

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
I'm confused.... The link provided is for the beta. I just signed up myself, I'm listening to Air on spotify as we speak.

Apparently you are seeing something different with that link than I am. I'm in US and without an invitation code to enter, the other option is enter an email for the public version when it is operational.

4143611999_b28b9ccfa2.jpg

danb77

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Sorry guys. I am UK-based so my invites are UK-only.

On top of that my invites have vanished! So maybe Spotify have indeed opened up access again.

Yes, I see that the link posted above only works in the UK. Sorry guys, you US users are going to need an invite from someone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.