Spotify now available UK ONLY

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nintendolinky, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

The spotify app is now available on the app store, I have been waiting all week for this great app, and just after midnight UK time, it appeared. Its amazing but only premium users can login on the app, backgrounder also works great with it, so people with jailbroken phones, can play spotify in the background.
    Spotify, iTunes Link

2. gazzer82 macrumors regular

I am loving this app, great to listen to some tunes whilst cycling to/from work!!

I think this is well worth the monthly premium subscription.

3. Anghammarad macrumors member

It's available in the Swedish AppStore as well

4. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

no, not really.
    from wiki:
    Spotify is a proprietary peer-to-peer music streaming service that allows instant listening to specific tracks or albums with almost no buffering delay. Music can be browsed by artists, albums or created playlists as well as by direct searches. Although, due to the system's DRM, it is not possible to save the streamed music for use outside the application; a link is provided to allow the listener to directly purchase the material via partner retailers. The program/service in its free version is only available in parts of western Europe during the ongoing beta programme although the subscription model should be available in almost all countries.

6. iPave macrumors member

iPave

I downloaded it from the Finnish App Store. I've been using it for few hours and I just love it <3

7. Aurial macrumors 6502

I'm liking it too, although it highlights again the need for multitasking on the iPhone.

It will be great on Android as you'll be able to leave it playing in the background.

8. Vonswanko macrumors regular

Its available from Cydia also. But still have to have the premium account.