Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allianz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2008
Germany
https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/nglp4j
Someone posted this on reddit with a screenshot. I really don't know if its fake or real. Can anyone confirm this?
I do not own a AW, sold 0 Series after 3 month and never looked back. But Spotify offline is a killer application i looked every half a year or so...
It is absolutely ridiculous that a multi billion dollar company needs years for a few lines of code

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
the watch app does currently let you stream over cell or wifi without the phone.

it could be more than just a "few lines of code".
Depending on how their contracts were written, they might not be able to let you sync to watch. If the contract says "download to phone and tablet devices", then the watch isn't included. You also can't download to desktop, which would be much easier than the watch

the feature isn't out yet, but it's also possible that it's not fake. There area a few possibilities.
  • came from someone in a beta program
  • sometimes companies will do a slow roll out of a new feature, meaning some get it before others.
  • Spotify is working on it, so code is being installed in the background, and there was a glitch that allowed that screen to show.

Premal212

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2017
London UK
I haven't received anything yet, hoping this isn't fake, the user checks out, someone established. Plus there was an external French link there too. So maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.