Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The newest version of Spotify for iOS, released yesterday, quietly added support for Apple's multitasking Slide Over and Split View feature on the iPad.

As noted on Reddit and highlighted by The Verge, you can now open and use the Spotify app alongside another app in Split View, or open it up in Slide Over to quickly access Spotify controls without having to close the current apps you have open.

spotifymultitaskingipad-800x559.jpg

Apple's Split View and Slide Over multitasking features were first introduced in 2015, so it's taken Spotify quite some time to implement support for the functionality.

Article Link: Spotify on iPad Now Supports Slide Over and Split View Multitasking

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA

Apple's Split View and Slide Over multitasking features were first introduced in 2015, so it's taken Spotify quite some time to implement support for the functionality.

To be fair, they've been very busy campaigning globally against having to make a financial contribution to Apple's rich and vibrant platforms they make money on.

techfreak23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2013
I don’t know what the hell Spotify’s decision process for implementing new features or development cycles are like, but it always takes them FOREVER to implement new features. I mean we had to wait over 3 years for them to finally come out with an Apple Watch companion app...

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Well this is a good thing but how hard would it be for Spotify and plenty of other companies to actually write proper release notes? Apple should mandate it. Plenty of people will totally miss this.

Reactions: IcyTexx and Sikh

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
I don’t know what the hell Spotify’s decision process for implementing new features or development cycles are like, but it always takes them FOREVER to implement new features. I mean we had to wait over 3 years for them to finally come out with an Apple Watch companion app...
I think they have a very VERY small development team, which is why everything takes forever for them to implement.

Like the sands through an hourglass, these are the days of Spotify’s life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.