Spotify Premium Users Gain Revamped 'Your Library' Tab With Streamlined Navigation

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 13, 2019 at 6:19 AM.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Spotify today announced a new version of the "Your Library" tab in its mobile apps for iOS and Android, which is "designed to get you to the content you want faster." This update is for Spotify Premium users only.

The company said that it has streamlined Your Library so that you can simply tap or swipe to toggle between new tabs for Music and Podcasts. Under Music you'll find sections divided into Playlists, Artists, and Albums; Podcasts houses Episodes, Downloads, and Shows.

[​IMG]

When selecting Music, Spotify will automatically show your Playlists section, which still includes all the playlists you've previously made or liked. There's also a new playlist called "Liked Songs," which will accumulate every song you like on Spotify. This section also sorts playlists when you're offline to show the ones that have been downloaded.

Swiping to the artist section shows all of the artists you follow, while the album section is full of albums that you can manually save to listen to later by tapping the heart icon on any album.

Given Spotify's decision to become a big player in the podcast market, the new Podcast section of Your Library facilitates better discovery and podcast organization. The Episodes section lets you easily resume podcasts you are listening to, as well as find newly released episodes of other podcasts you're following.

The Downloads area shows what episodes you've downloaded for offline listening, while the Shows section lets you manage all of the podcasts you follow and explore previous episodes.

The new updates to Your Library will begin rolling out to Premium users beginning today on iOS and Android.

Article Link: Spotify Premium Users Gain Revamped 'Your Library' Tab With Streamlined Navigation

2. djs71a macrumors member

I am not a premium user and I am seeing this change on iOS.

3. dynAdZ macrumors newbie

dynAdZ

They will never manage to implement folders organization into the mobile app. It's a shame you have to fall back to the desktop app to organize your playlists into folders. Waiting since years for this.

4. joesegh macrumors 6502

5. jezbd1997 macrumors 6502

jezbd1997

It would be nice but it’s not a big deal imo, I only use it occasionally and it makes more sense on a desktop environment

6. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

They really need a way to more easily and quickly get to downloaded content.

7. deannnnn macrumors 68020

deannnnn

I don't love that liked songs is becoming a playlist as opposed to a dedicated tab, but otherwise looks great!

8. littyboy macrumors 6502a

9. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Glad to see they're separating music and podcasts - especially since I don't use Spotify to manage/listen to podcasts.

10. markaceto macrumors regular

markaceto

It's built into iOS, so yes?

11. Futurix macrumors 6502

Futurix

I like this update. Certainly putting Playlists front and centre makes sense.

They added a filter for that now.

12. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

No 2 factor authentication yet? No?

No money for you Spotify.

13. Herrpod macrumors newbie

Herrpod

Still haven't received the update on my iPhone or iPad.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Really? That will be painful as I use it ALL the time. :(

15. bumbo macrumors regular

bumbo

Yet more disparity between using an app on the phone and CarPlay. 2 completely different interfaces with very different UX.

16. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

What am I missing? CarPlay is by Apple and Spotify... isn't. You *want* Apple's disaster of a UI?

17. littyboy macrumors 6502a

I thought that was the case but apparently it has to be built into the app itself. Spotify doesn't have airplay 2 so playing homepod has a 2 second delay when skipping tracks (from what people told me). There's also a petition on spotify forums to get it implemented, still no word on that.

18. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

I just want them to let me put playlists at the bottom of the tab instead of the multiple taps. I build most of my playlists on my computer, but on the go I just want to get at them, so it would be a nice change. I know people use the app differently though.

19. markaceto macrumors regular

markaceto

Seems to be working fine for me:

Attached Files:

20. littyboy macrumors 6502a

Airplay "2". Currently not on for homepod.

21. markaceto macrumors regular

markaceto

I can also send it to my AirPods (they popped up later in the same menu when they were connected), so maybe it's a HomePod issue. I don't have a HomePod, so I'm unable to test it.