Spotify problem is it iPhone 4s or Verizon

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by absolutic, Dec 30, 2011.

1. absolutic macrumors regular

Strange. I used Spotify on my iPhone 4 AT&T in my car and it was great quality sound and I could control it from my steering wheel and the display showed the song name. Switched to iPhone 4s with Verizon. The sound still comes out but the sound quality is lower I cant control anything from my steering wheel. I have to use actual iPhone. Nothing shows up on my car display either. Is it iPhone 4s issue or Verizon issue? I dont understand but it is strange

2. ja3hawk macrumors newbie

I was testing out a 4S (but with Sprint instead) for our company. I have an aftermarket iphone plug in my Mazda 3 that displays the songs and lets me control the iphone music with the steering wheel controls. I had the exact same problem. It just stopped working. It acted like the iphone wasn't even connecting. My guess it's the new 4S, not VZW that is the problem (or the FW running on 4S). Hopefully they get this fixed. I bet the device I use to connect to my console is considered a legacy plug but they haven't changed the design so I don't understand why it would stop working.

(I guess our issues are a little different but I think they are related in some way though)

3. absolutic thread starter macrumors regular

My guess is also it is a 4s. Unfortunately I dont know anyone with the old iphone 4 to check to make sure. Of course spotify told when I emailed them that they are not supposed to support car applications. So it is a hit/miss basis.

4. absolutic thread starter macrumors regular

I now think its Verizon, not 4S which is the problem

Today, in addition to Spotify, which as previously stated worked fine with AT&T and gets crippled with Verizon,
    I installed a airplay certified HP Printer.

IPAD 1 (AT&T) finds the printer immediately and prints to it.
    Iphone 4S (Verizon) cannot find it and print on it?

So similar issue. Either Verizon blocks all these services, or is it some sort of CDMA Limitation. I wonder if jailbreaking the Iphone would help. I am curious if Sprint people have the same issues?

5. a.jfred macrumors 6502

I don't use Spotify, but I have just started using Pandora with my iPhone 4 (AT&T) via bluetooth in my 2012 VW Jetta - it syncs just fine, and I can control volume & skips (as many as I'm allowed) via the steering wheel controls.

I was quite pleasantly surprised that it works :)