Spotify Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Collin789, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Collin789 macrumors regular

Collin789

Ok, so i'm a little confused about Spotify.
    I was about to get the "premium" account but then realized that I wouldn't be able to use the iPod app on my iPhone...
    So, my question is: if I were to get the "premium" account, would I be able to download songs on my computer and then sync them but still be able to use the iPod app?
    I've looked on their website and it doesn't say anything about being able to use the iPod app. It looks like you have to use the Spotify app for any music you get from them...is this right?

I just don't want to have my music in 2 different places...

2. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

That is correct, you have to use the Spotify app so all the DRM can do it's work as you are in effect only renting the music.

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Yes unfortunately neither Spotify or Apple would allow the music to be integrated into the IPod app.

4. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

You can however add any music without DRM to the Spotify app and consolidate that way.

5. shandyman Suspended

i don't use the iPod app at all, i've been using spotify for 6 months and solely use the 1 app, any music that i had that was DRM'd to iTunes, i just got spotify's version instead. any MP3 that they didn't have that i had that wasn't DRM'd copies over to my device anyway. so i have all my own music plus new stuff from spotify