Spotify questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supermac96, Jul 28, 2011.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

am I right in thinking that if you do the 10 dollar spotify premium you could download tons of albums that month the nhave all of them on my ipod and computer? so like instead of paying 100 buks on itunes for 10 albums i could pay 10 on spotify and download the 10 albums to have on my ipod and computer and listen whenever I want even when im offline? If so why don't people get a spotify membership for a month and download say a thousand songs or 100ds of albums for 10 buks on spotify instead of 1000 buks? so confusing!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

So if I understand you want to use Spotify to download and get songs much like torrents. :rolleyes:1 the forum won't allow talk of this. 2 Spotify is a very large company with tons of artist allowing them to list there albums. I am pretty sure they had to go to some lengths to protect those artist and get the licensing. here is there description. http://www.spotify.com/us/about/features/offline-mode/ I can tell you the songs do not go in the ipod directory.

3. Eradik macrumors regular

Correct. They do not go into your iPod application. You must use the Spotify app.

Also keep in mind you must continue to pay the $10 a month. The second you stop paying, you no longer have access to the music (more or less).

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

5. shandyman Suspended

yep, i've been using it for months and it does offline playing

6. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

Okay, sort of. In the premium Spotify, you can tell a specific playlist to be available offline. Therefore, you will be able to access all of the songs in that playlist on your phone offline(as long as they are allowed to download). You can not put them in the iPod app, however. You must use the Spotify App on the App Store.

7. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

You must sign in at least once every 30 days. If you stop subscribing then the most offline usage you can get for "free" is a further 30 days.

8. shandyman Suspended

Well you don't have to sign in, you just flick the switch from offline to online, but still you gave the right idea. I missed that he was saying just pay the $10 once as I was half awake, plus I pay monthly and it's quite reasonable, but I guess some people want everything for free!

9. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

ooook theres the catch thank you!

10. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

thanks for the answers guys, i new my question was very confusing as i didn't really know how to ask it!