Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
 Music for the Siri integration was enough for me to switch from Spotify. I haven't missed it, I like that my library is placed right next to the  Music library on my iPhone.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Neither. I use Play Music.

Always like a non-voter ...

Technically I only use Apple Music for grabbing music to convert so i still have a subscription to discover new songs.. More content that I like...

Spotify is ok too, if u like classical, but not for me.... I can't get at those songs for one :D

tjwilliams25

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2014
Montana
:apple: Music. I've been using it since it was Beats Music and been loving it so far. It's not without its little hiccups, but the deep integration with my other Apple products is the major saving grace. Also, the more I use it, the more I notice that it learns my erratic and vastly different music taste. Of course, I've noticed a larger difference in the Radio offering helping me discover new music than the For You section, but I have a feeling that might be by design.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Agree that this should be made into a poll!

For me, Apple Music. My iTunes library goes back to pretty much the introduction of iTunes when I was in college, and I have plenty of MP3s around that started out as pre-iTunes CDs. So, it's awesome being able to have all that live alongside my streaming additions, seamlessly together in one library, cloud-synced to all my devices. Its just very seamless for me and I've never had any issues personally. The day I upgraded to Apple Music, I just went through adding all these songs to my library that I'd been wanting for a while...it was so fun!

Last edited:

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Neither. I use Play Music.
Went back to Apple Music again. I know I switch back and forth thank goodness for no contract services. I just like Apple Music better parental controls over Google pathetic parental controls that never work.

Also I don't like Google in general I know I use Android too but only for tweaking my device the way I like it otherwise I use all 3rd party services including Bing search. Google otherwise has no respect for the family dispute there "family friendly" appearance. Just watch this video. Yea right. In real life the kid will say show me the stars and some raunchy video will play on the TV.

I know the 1st amendment uncensored thing but Google allows too much crap. Just look at how polluted there user forums and YouTube comments are. Apple would have not allowed that which they don't on there forums.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
My favorite is Apple Music. I like Siri integration and the app on the AppleTV. I like being able to access Airplay controls on the Apple Watch app. When it comes down to it, it just works better for my needs because I use iOS for most of my listening (often via Airplay). The For You and New section are good enough for discovering music. The only thing I prefer about Spotify is the Connect feature that enables me to take full control of the app on my computer, but other than that, it just isn't in the same ballpark because of its lack of integration in iOS.

I have Google Play (Youtube Red) for the summer (due to a 99 cent special), but I mainly wanted commercial free Youtube. The music service is just too basic for what I want to do and lacks the Siri integration. If I wasn't on iOS, I might be using Tidal, but I don't know for sure. Tidal would end up costing me a lot more money because I would want to use the RoonAudio app with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.