Spotify?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by friedmud, Apr 26, 2015.

1. friedmud macrumors 65816

While I wait on my 42 SS BSB... can anyone shed some light on Spotify?

If I start it on my phone and am listening to headphones... can you at least control it using the watch (thinking skip forward / back and "liking" songs if you're listening to a radio station)?

Also: is there any way to stream Spotify _through_ the watch (maybe over wifi?). This would allow you to walk around the house / gym without your phone but still have Spotify send audio to your watch.

I hope Apple allows Spotify to have a "real" Apple Watch App once that's possible!

2. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Just tried it for the first time, yes, you do get controls.

Play/Pause, Next, volume and a menu button that gives you thumbs up/down. Also duration and artist/album/track name.

Also I am hoping spotify releases at least a controller app soon, so you can choose music from the device. A full on native spotify app would be awesome though if it let you actually sync music to the device to use without a phone nearby.

3. friedmud thread starter macrumors 65816

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I was hoping for exactly what you reported!

It's going to be really nice to able to quickly look down to check the artist info for the current song during my commute!

I agree that it will be nice if/when we get a native Spotify App... but I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe Christmas at the earliest (if ever?).

I really hope Apple doesn't try to keep Spotify off to try to prop up Beats. I paid for Beats for 6 months before recently switching to Spotify. Spotify is hands down a much better service. Apple has a long way to go before Beats is competitive.

4. tigerinexile macrumors newbie

On a Pebble you could control Spotify tracks once they're playing.

I've got to think that within a few weeks Spotify will add Apple Watch extensions to their app.