Spotlight and iCal

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
Has any one noticed when Spotlight conducts a search and finds an item in iCal it does not open the specific item found? On my system all that happens is iCal opens up with todays date. :confused:

aussie_geek

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
aussie_geek said:
Has any one noticed when Spotlight conducts a search and finds an item in iCal it does not open the specific item found? On my system all that happens is iCal opens up with todays date. :confused:

aussie_geek
I couldn't agree more. I really hope .2 fixes these ridiculous bugs in Tiger.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Strangeness...I remember this happening to me too, right after I got Tiger, but for me it does what it ought to now. Selecting an iCal event from Spotlight now makes the event show up in the information drawer and focuses the calendar on the week of the event.

I don't know what, if anything, changed, though....

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
aussie_geek said:
Has any one noticed when Spotlight conducts a search and ....
I have a Spotlight question, too (sorry, can't start a thread yet, so I'll just add this here). When I insert a CD, Spotlight doesn't search the files on this CD, but when I copy the folder onto my harddisk, Spotlight finds immediately what I'm searching for. Is this some kind of setting that I got wrong? I even tried opening the CD in Finder and do a Search (for "content" in PDFs) there, no success :(