Spotlight and iTunes Music

Discussion in 'macOS' started by glenncal, Jul 4, 2009.

1. glenncal macrumors member

Is the system-wide spotlight supposed to search in your iTunes music? Here, it doesn't seem to find anything, but (weirdly enough) finds podcasts downloaded from iTunes. I tried reindexing everything, but the result was the same.
    Searching from iTunes works perfectly so this isn't a huge problem, but I wanted to know whether it's something only I am experiencing. Note that the music I'm searching for was not bought from the iTunes Stores, is in .mp3 and is all situated in the iTunes Music Folder

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It searches it for me. Towards the bottom of the results there is a "Music" category with the relevant mp3 files listed there.

3. glenncal thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I have that section, but it only lists podcasts downloaded from iTunes there :confused: Did you get the music that is being found from the iTunes store? (the iTunes store is not available in Malta so I can't check if it would find music bought from there, though I don't see why it would).

Edit: Moving the music outside of the iTunes folder makes it findable, so it seems that the iTunes music folders are not being indexed, which is weird, considering that the "Podcasts" folder is the same "iTunes Music" folder, and that is being indexed.