Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonyDeez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
As the title suggests, I'm planning to make Spotlight as the -MAIN- home screen, the first page - not before the first page, THE first page. I'm going for a palm pre look and functionality, semi-minimalistic. 4 icon dock, 1 of them being an app launcher (folderenhancer). It would be great if anyone can help me out.

My only gripe with this set-up is that ProSwitcher is no longer compatible. I do no like multifl0w because it fades the dock out. I also find other aesthetics on proswitcher more...productive.

Last edited:

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
You got me thinking...

What I would LOVE is to have the Spotlight bar at the top of my first page, and once I click in the box the keypad comes up. This would still allow for apps being kept on the home screen under the Spotlight.

This would allow me to have a similar functionality to that of the Google bar on Androids (which I think is freaking fantastic. Really the only thing I feel like I am missing when it comes to Android).

Hmmmmm....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.