Spotlight documents and data usage

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by crashoverride77, Jul 13, 2014.

1. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Hey

Anyone know what the spotlight usage is for in icloud.

It's in

settings
    icloud
    storage&backup
    manage storage (can also be found in general - usage)
    documents and data
    Spotlight (doesn't even have an icon which was discussed pre ios 7 release for looking sloppy)

Do you guys have it? Can you delete it?
    Thanks for any replies

2. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I am not totally sure what you are asking here...Sorry. Are you referring to the Spotlight Search?
    Can you break it down a bit simpler on what you want to delete - Documents? Thanks for asking and I hope we can get i bit more clarity.

3. crashoverride77 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey
    Thank you for your reply. Yes if you go into settings and manage storage like I have described you have a section called documents and data. In there is all your cloud data for pages, save files for games, whatsapp backup etc.
    I had something there for spotlight search (it's 0.1kb). I attached a pic after I deleted it. This was discussed per ios 7 release for not having an icon and being very unlike apple.
    It's not very important but still interested what it could have been for as it hasn't come back since I deleted it.
    Thanks again.

Attached Files:

4. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

You are welcome and I am familiar with the Documents and Data you are talking about which should always be turned on for many reasons. When you hook into iTunes and see "Other" that partially consists of that including all your messages with pics sent and such things as that. When mine gets full I clean my phone by turning off Find my iPhone and doing a clean restore and then use the backup I made first I should have said to restore all my settings and just last week I gained 2 Gigs of space by cleaning out overlaying OS updates and such.
    It will be just like out of the box and iTunes will ask if you want to use your backup - "YES" and there you go. You will have to find my iPhone and reregister your fingerprints which is no big deal. Good luck.