Spotlight finds deleted messages

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pipkoster, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Pipkoster macrumors newbie

Hi!
    I have a problem. A friend of mine has an iPhone 4 with latest firmware. The problem is that when my friend deletes SMS chats from Messages.app they still can be found via spotlight on homescreen.
    E.g. i chat with John. I have a conversation with him in Messages.app. Then i delete this conversation(then there is nothing about John in Messages.app).
    And then if i go to spotlight search and type John it will show me his:
    1)Address book link
    2)Sms link
    There will be a separate link for each sms. In each row there will be written beginning of the message, and if i tap on this link it will take me to Messages.app where is nothing about John. It means that all things are being stored somewhere but not in Messages.app.

I need to solve this problem, so "turning off the spotlight " is not a solution to my problem.

PS He just called me and told there is same issue on his old iPhone 3GS.

iPhone 4 - not jailbroken
    iPhone 3GS - jailbroken

Thanks in advance! ;)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

this is a problem with OS caching certain information (I believe this also happens in Mail) and it has been around since Apple introduced Spotlight on the iPhone a few years ago, and I've never seen anyone come up with a solution.

3. Pipkoster thread starter macrumors newbie