spotlight frustration

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mactree, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mactree macrumors regular

This drives me crazy- I do a search for a sound file or quicktime in spotlight, a tiny little list comes up finding exactly what i want (great so far); well, usually I want to use that as an asset, so I can't simply open it, I need grab the file from it's location-

this this brings me to frustration #1,

• I want to right click in the spotlight drop down

frustration #2
    It's nice they have an option to show all, but why do I want to show all? what I found in the list is perfectly acceptable-

• Have an option to just bring up my simple spotlight search in it's own window

This has been a thorn in my side for years now.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Show All is how you get the search results from the drop-down to a Finder window, so you can manipulate the files as you wish. Also, remember you can filter out certain types of files in Spotlight Preferences, so you get more of what you want and less of what you don't want.

3. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

when you command-click a search result, it shows you that file in Finder. Is that what you want?

4. mactree thread starter macrumors regular

I should try and configure spotlight a bit better, right now I get everything.

YES! That's what I'm looking for. And to think all this time I've been going through such pain and personal anguish!!!

THANK YOU!

5. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

you're welcome? i can't tell if you're being sarcastic...